What Is The Process?
Thermoforming – A Plastic sheet is pulled across a mould in the bottom of the machine. An electric heater softens the plastic sheet to allow it to be pressed from above (formed) or sucked via a vacuum from below (vacuum forming). The plastic sheet is sucked on to a mould which shapes the plastic in to the shape required. The sheet is indexed into and out of the mould by rollers at the end of the process.
Once the plastic is heated and taken shape it requires the mould to be cooled to insure the plastic becomes solid again and retain its shape. The process is held together with hydraulic motors that required oil cooling.
Full Turnkey Solutions
Aqua’s aim is to build a life-long relationship with our customers, becoming essentially a “one stop shop” for all your temperature control requirements, for now and the future. The three divisions of our business – Sales, Hire & Service – enable us to help clients every step of the way.
Our USP is our ability to offer clients a complete turnkey solution. We’ll work with you from initial site visit and system design to installation and commissioning. Our services include:
- Free design consultancy, including AutoCAD drawings, 3D modelling and energy calculations
- Mechanical and electrical installation – encompassing civil works, offloading & positioning, pipework installation, mains power and cabling, all CDM compliance, full project management and delivery
- Aftersales support – including preventive maintenance plans to maximise product lifespan and efficiency
Our business is built on our core values of technical excellence, care, integrity and a “can do” attitude. We train all our people to be specialists in what they do – innovative engineers dedicated to providing practical, effective and efficient solutions supported by second-to-none customer service.
Typical Products Used In The Packaging, Plastics & Rubber Industry
Thermoforming Process Cooling Considerations
- What is the chilled water temperature at process inlet?
- What is the chilled water temperature at process outlet?
- What is the pressure at process inlet?
- What is the system fluid?
- What is the heater rated power?
- What is the time heater over sheet in seconds?
- What are the forms per hour?
How To Calculate The Cooling
Heater rated power = Input Power on Heater
3600 = How many seconds are in 1 hour
Timer heater is over sheets in seconds = duration heat is applied to plastic
Forms per hour = How many moulds are made in 1 hour.
You May Also Want To Consider
Why Call Aqua?
Established in 2001, Aqua Group are a market leading force in the design and supply of innovative temperature control solutions. Our team has a vast product knowledge base and years of application experience and is focused on finding the most energy efficient and price competitive solution for your specific business needs.
Whether you’re an end user looking for a bespoke cooling system design or a trade customer trying to source a single chiller unit, our specialist engineers are on hand to help. Aqua Group’s core values – Technical Excellence, Can-do Attitude, Integrity and Care – are at the heart of everything we do, and we always strive to achieve the highest level of customer service experience.
For help with product selection and technical advice call our sales team today on 0333 004 4433.