What Is The Process?
Blown Film Extrusion – The extruder unit take’s the raw plastic material pellets from a hopper and heats it from a hard solid state to a soft warm almost liquid state. The soft warm plastic is pushed through the die and air is blown inside to make the right shape and size it is then cooled by the same air to the properties required to achieve the final product. The take-off takes the plastic from the process once it has been cooled ready for the splitter/winding unit to be packed.
Products Example: Plastic Bags, Shrink Wrap.
Full Turnkey Solutions
Aqua’s aim is to build a life-long relationship with our customers, becoming essentially a “one stop shop” for all your temperature control requirements, for now and the future. The three divisions of our business – Sales, Hire & Service – enable us to help clients every step of the way.
Our USP is our ability to offer clients a complete turnkey solution. We’ll work with you from initial site visit and system design to installation and commissioning. Our services include:
- Free design consultancy, including AutoCAD drawings, 3D modelling and energy calculations
- Mechanical and electrical installation – encompassing civil works, offloading & positioning, pipework installation, mains power and cabling, all CDM compliance, full project management and delivery
- Aftersales support – including preventive maintenance plans to maximise product lifespan and efficiency
Our business is built on our core values of technical excellence, care, integrity and a “can do” attitude. We train all our people to be specialists in what they do – innovative engineers dedicated to providing practical, effective and efficient solutions supported by second-to-none customer service.
Typical Products Used In The Packaging, Plastics & Rubber Industry
Blown Film Extrusion Cooling Considerations
- What is the temperature of the chilled water required?
- What water pressure do you require at the tools?
- What is your plastic throughput/hour?
- What type of plastic is being used?
- What is the vacuum motor input power?
- What is the in/out differential?
- What is the system filtration/water treatment/automatic fill on process?
Why Is Cooling Required For The Blown Film Extrusion Process?
The Cooling Unit is an air ring which is used to blow the cold air onto the surface of the plastic so that the material keeps its thickness and change the plastic from the soft state to a hardened state. Air is blown a blower through a water to air heat exchanger which is the main requirement for chilled water. There are two area’s IBC (internal bubble cooling) and EBC (external bubble cooling).
If there are vacuum pumps fitted they are very inefficient and therefore will also require cooling.
How To Calculate The Cooling
Tools = Plastic through put x plastic factor = Cooling Duty in KW
Vacuum Pumps = Vacuum motors input power = Cooling Duty in KW
You May Also Want To Consider
Why Call Aqua?
For Aqua temperature control is at the heart of everything we do.
Our range of temporary heating equipment offers boilers up to 1.2MW+, gas, oil, electric or dual fuel powered. On the cooling side, our products include commercial chillers for process and HVAC applications, portable air con units and adiabatic and air blast coolers.
We pride ourselves on offering our customers the most effective and efficient solution for their specific requirements. For more information on why Aqua Hire should be your number one supplier when it comes to temperature control call the team today on 0333 004 4433.