What Is The Process?
A volume of mains water is stored at (X) temperature and used when required such as water used in dough mixing. This water is drinking water quality which is called potable water.
Full Turnkey Solutions
Aqua’s aim is to build a life-long relationship with our customers, becoming essentially a “one stop shop” for all your temperature control requirements, for now and the future. The three divisions of our business – Sales, Hire & Service – enable us to help clients every step of the way.
Our USP is our ability to offer clients a complete turnkey solution. We’ll work with you from initial site visit and system design to installation and commissioning. Our services include:
- Free design consultancy, including AutoCAD drawings, 3D modelling and energy calculations
- Mechanical and electrical installation – encompassing civil works, offloading & positioning, pipework installation, mains power and cabling, all CDM compliance, full project management and delivery
- Aftersales support – including preventive maintenance plans to maximise product lifespan and efficiency
Our business is built on our core values of technical excellence, care, integrity and a “can do” attitude. We train all our people to be specialists in what they do – innovative engineers dedicated to providing practical, effective and efficient solutions supported by second-to-none customer service.
Typical Products Used In The Food And Beverage Industry
Batch Cooling Application Considerations
- What is the maximum ambient temperature?
- What is the maximum inlet water temperature?
- What is your required water temperature?
- What is the maximum request single batch?
- What is the time of batch dispense?
- What is the quantity of batches per hour?
- Is the water doser with pump command present?
- Does the water in the leg to the batch area return on a return pipe?
Why Is Cooling Required For The Batch Cooling Process?
Mains water can be as high as 20°C. Some applications require main’s water as low as 1°C.
How To Calculate The Cooling
To calculate the duty we need to understand the maximum batch size, number of batches per hour, this will equate to how much water is used per hour for the number of cycles.
To calculate the duty; maximum mains water temperature – required temperature x flow per hour (/) 860 = cooling duty KW.
What Must The Cooling System Include?
Mains Water – Must included flow meter, pressure regulating valve and commissioning valve before heat exchanger
Chilled water circuit – Must include a 3 way valve arrangement to keep accurate control
System water – Must included a pump to offer continuous flow
Water circuit must be food grade (non ferrous/stainless steel) and cleanable
Propylene glycol must be used as food grade
You May Also Want To Consider
Why Call Aqua?
Established in 2001, Aqua Group are a market leading force in the design and supply of innovative temperature control solutions. Our team has a vast product knowledge base and years of application experience and is focused on finding the most energy efficient and price competitive solution for your specific business needs.
Whether you’re an end user looking for a bespoke cooling system design or a trade customer trying to source a single chiller unit, our specialist engineers are on hand to help. Aqua Group’s core values – Technical Excellence, Can-do Attitude, Integrity and Care – are at the heart of everything we do, and we always strive to achieve the highest level of customer service experience.
For help with product selection and technical advice call our sales team today on 0333 004 4433.